Who We Are
NJ AAUP is the New Jersey State Conference of the American Association of University Professors. We represent over 5,600 faculty members in both public and private institutions in New Jersey.
The mission of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) is to advance academic freedom and shared governance; to define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education; to promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education; to help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality; and to ensure higher education’s contribution to the common good. Founded in 1915, the AAUP has helped to shape American higher education by developing the standards and procedures that maintain quality in education and academic freedom in this country’s colleges and universities (AAUP: https://www.aaup.org/about/mission-1).
Leadership of NJAAUP (April 2021)
- President: Diane K. Campbell (Rider University)
- Vice President: Joseph V. Doria (Rutgers University-New Brunswick)
- Past President, Member-at-Large: Daniel O. O’Connor (Rutgers University, retired)
- Secretary: Susan E. O. Field (Georgian Court University)
- Treasurer: Harriett Gaddy (Centenary University)
- Dues Chair: Marilu Marcillo (St. Peter’s University)
- Government Affairs Agent: Peter Guzzo
- Legislative Chair, Member-at-Large: William H. Field (Rutgers University-New Brunswick)
- Member-at-Large: James Patterson (Centenary University, retired)
- Member-at-Large: Roseanne Mirabella (Seton Hall University)
To contact us: NJAAUP@gmail.com